Monday, November 26, 2012

Speculating to 1 G






By Tony Guo

This is my version of pack to power.  I will update you guys every week and perhaps make a youtube video of how I did. 

Essentially the rules are simple (you can play along too):

1. You can only invest 100 dollars into one card (although unrealistic this makes it more fun for readers)

2. For simplicity sake we will use SCG for all our prices 

3. At the end of the week you may “cash” out and your total for next week will reflect your cash out value; however you may also keep the cards

4. No penny stocks, so cards much at least be worth 1 dollar on SCG

5. I will begin with 500 dollars but feel free to start with less.  

6. My goal is to make 1000 dollars which means my end total should be 1500 dollars of cards. 

November 26, 2012: 

Inkmoth Nexus :
I am in love with this card.  It is great for affinity and amazing for poison.  Currently it is at 4 dollars and is fully stocked.  This is an instant buy for me. 
25 inkmoth nexuses at 4 dollars each =  100 dollars

Copperline Gorge:
You will start to see a trend in my buying patterns.  I am investing heavy into modern since I know in January people will need these cards.  I like the green/red combo because it is one of the cheapest fastlands.  Currently it is at 3 dollars and fully stocked.
33 copperline gorges at 3 dollars each = 99 dollars

Darkslick Shores
Initially I am going heavy on the fast lands.  Currently it is at 4 dollars and fully stocked.
25 darkslick shores at 4 dollars each = 100 dollars

Seachrome Coast
Easy.  Currently at 5 dollars and fully stocked.
20 seachrome coasts at 5 dollars each = 100 dollars


Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius
This is an interesting card which has slumped to 5 dollars.  I like the raw power level and believe that it is just waiting for a deck to exploit it. 
20 Niv-Mizzet at 5 dollars each = 100 dollars

TALLY:
 
So 500 dollars “spent” and we have

25 inkmoth nexuses
33 copperline gorges
25 darkslick shores
20 seachrome coasts
20 Niv-Mizzet
And a dollar…  

No comments:

Post a Comment