Friday, March 8, 2013

Shark Evolution: Knowing your Environment



I will train you how to become a true shark.  A nasty shark. 

You should know the store you go to.  If the store you go to is casual bring EDH.  If it is more tailored to Legacy, then bring legacy staples.  If modern is a hit then bring modern.  Always bring standard hot cards to trade into modern or legacy. 

Also recognize that foils have their own audience.  It is like a puzzle.  You have to find out what cards you need to bring to what place.  The best sharks can smell weakness. 

You want to make the maximum use of your time when you trade.  When you have as many cards as I do and trade as frequently you have to organized and know who your audience is. 

Some traders like the rarest cards and have the assets to trade for them.  I don’t even offer my rare or collection binder to someone who I haven’t traded with before.  

I always approach with my crappy binder first in hopes that they pick something from that binder.  Make sure to put in some gems, i.e. standard gems in your crappy binder to make it seem like it is a real binder.

Do not give your higher binder to someone who doesn’t have the assets to trade with you.  You don’t want to waste your time. 

I only bring my collection binder to GPs.  It includes all my alters and true legacy staples.  It would be a waste to bring it to DNA comics since there isn’t big enough buyers or traders there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment